Saturday, December 06, 2003

Soooo...

The show last night at Sam's place was not crowded, but much fun anyway. Sam's is a clean little bar over on the West-side of Eugene - kind of a working class joint that gets overlooked due to it's obscure location on Wilson street. They have a decent stage and sound-system and the room itself doesn't sound harsh like some small venues in town. I strummed out a hastily-prepared acoustic set in front of the small crowd and tried my best to provide some entertainment for the patrons to chit-chat along to. Billy Barnett walked in to check out the scene and ended up playing drums on about four tunes-much fun.
The Kandy Shazz played next and they sounded good. I'd heard most of their set before, being that they used to practice in my garage over the summertime. Their sound is a mix of Deep Purple/Nirvana/Sonic Youth/credence Clearwater Revival. I really dig main man Evan St Cyr's guitar and vocal style- a very unique sound emanates from his de-tuned Hagstrom and he sings with a voice not unlike the late Mr Cobain's. I look forward to seeing them again.
Afterward, I mosied over to Kelani's b-day party over on 11th. Much fun and barely-clad chaos ensued. I mainly chatted with Tina's friend from Tahoe, Jeremy and Zookie and drank sierra nevada's while taking in the chaotic going-ons. Then home. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When will I ever feel awake enough to clean my friggin' house? Now's the time!

Shows still to come this month:

Friday, December 12th: FOOL's CAP BOOKS on Blair at 8th with the DEAD AMERICANS (price undetermined)

Wednesday, December 17th: Cafe Paradiso / Ed Cole solo with Dan Jones and John Shipe. (cheap!)

Saturday, December 20th: JOHN HENRY'S with YELTSIN, the OVULATORS and the HIGH VIOLETS (price= priceless)

PLease come and bless us with your presence!!!

Yours in Rock,

Ed

No comments: