Wednesday, October 19, 2022

October 19 2022

Good day, Last night I slept well. It's been foggy and smoggy since those damn fires are near and also a high-pressure weather system has been stagnant over our area. Our shickens have been sedate, not really flapping and playing much and definitely not laying eggs. I noticed a small bird, maybe a Western Taniger? - resting on our birdbath yesterday, not really drinking, just sitting there, looking pooped-out. Even as I walked near the bird didn't fly away. I assume the little birdy was tuckered out from breathing all that smog although it could have been mourning it's friend that I found dead in the yard a day prior. Harsh times on planet Earth. Today, I meditate on all the people who have helped me get this far in life. Even if each of us feel alone in our accomplishments and failures, we have all benefitted from others working on our behalf, sometimes out of sight. Hopefully we all turn around and send our helping efforts to others, who also might never recognize they've ever even had our help. Being recognized for what you do is less important than recognizing that cooperation, community and self-sacrifice for the greater good is in our very human nature. Smoggy yard photo:

No comments: