Tuesday, May 03, 2011


Watched the movie Treasure of the Sierra Madre over the weekend. Sometimes, it takes me two days to finish a flick and this one was no exception, but it was good all the way through for me. In a nutshell, its about two down-on-their-luck - gringos Bogart and Tim Holt - that meet a grizzly old-time miner in Mexico and forge an alliance and go together to the Sierra Madre (occidental?) mountains to set up camp and mine for gold. Of course, shit goes wrong and the friends , at times, are banded together against claim-jumpers and banditos but the fellowship eventually goes foul and the main players turn on each other. I found it refreshing that Humphrey's character was a bit on the mean and villainous side. This is the movie with the famous line, spoken by Alfonso Bedoya, "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you no stinkin' badges!" Too cool! OK, I read a blogger's review of this movie where it was stated that movie is just so-so, standard 40's fare, but I enjoyed it. I'm slowly working my way through all of Bogey's movies just for fun and this one was not a let-down. See it, gringos! Starring Humphrey Bogart, Walter Huston and Tim Holt

No comments: