Monday, August 21, 2006

Howdy kids.

Mr. Random, you are one open-minded mofo. It is always warming to see people going through their own musical metamorphisis. I can remember when I was 15 and 16, listening to shitty radio bands and then first becoming aware of Husker Du, Black Flag and the Meat Puppets and Minutemen - it was a mind blowing time that had a lasting effect on my musical directions since then. After the past 20 (!) years of musical exposure I sometimes feel burnt-out, as if the radiation emitted from all that potent, electric music has kind of melted my edges off and left me more than slightly jaded to many of the new bands and styles of music being created. Perhaps I need to steep myself in a new musical tea of influences; something new to destroy the old, like Black Flag forever destroyed Journey to me when I was 15. Only this time, what the hell is going to destroy Black Flag?

My forays into playing with new people has been pretty fruitful. I've met and rocked out with a number of drummers and bassists. I think I have my new line-up for my new band ALMOST set. Regardless of who is in it, the Underlings will debut on September 9th at Luckeys, opening for techno-trash rockers Touchforce. See you there.

R U Sk8 ing?
peace

Ed

No comments: