Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Can't Always Rock It

I've been laying low and making tunes in Vancouver, land of the perpetual suburbs. During January I made a point of writing and posting one song per day on Soundcloud just as an exercise in writing. Some tracks came out better than others. I'm still making songs this way but can't realistically keep a pace of a song a day. Here's my latest: Can't Always Rock It kind of inspired by Dan Jones and his various 4 track recordings of the early 2000s.

Trouble Cuts is still blazing along. We have shows upcoming in Seattle, Eugene and Portland during March. Very much looking forward (to Death!) to getting out of town and doing some keen rock sets with our friends. Here's the schedule:

March 19 - Darrell's Tavern, Shoreline, Wa (w/Dan Jones & Squids, VooDoo Gearshift)
March 20 - Sam Bond's, Eugene, Or (w/Dan Jones & Squids, VooDoo Gearshift)
March 21 - Alberta St Pub, Portland, Or (w/Dan Jones & Squids, VooDoo Gearshift)

Hope to see some familiar faces show up! I'm not kidding myself - I'll be happy if 5 people show up at any of these (well, Eugene will be great, that I know.) I'll try to keep blogging here for the near future.

Did you see any of that great footage of Mr. Bungle's reunion shows on youtube? This one is pretty fucking great:

No comments: