Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We've had a busy stretch of family visitations over the last two weeks. First, Tina's parent's came over for Louis' birthday celebration. Then, we were graced with the presence of my older bro, Darrow and his wife, Cynthia and their two kids, age 6months and 4 years, which was totally awesome, since Louis had never met his young cousins before. Here's some video footage of Louis and his cuz, Nathan, eating some blueberries:

Nathan + Louis pt 1 from Ed Cole on Vimeo.

Also, my younger bro, Walter, was in town for a stretch, on leave from the Army. He is deployed in Afghanistan with his platoon and hopefully will not get his ass blown off. Even though I don't in any way support war, I support my brother in the military. He really seems to have more of a sense of maturity and direction in his life that wasn't there before. Discipline, training and learning to get along with others is a good thing. Blowing people up just because someone tells you to...that's another thing entirely. There will always be a contingent of people in this country that think fighting in the armed forces for America is a worthy calling; I have a different opinion, especially when oil companies and big business are the ones running our government and it seems to suit their collective profit desires to start another war.
Enough said. I'm sure I'm not the only dissenter who has a close relative in the military. I just hope they quit enforcing the U.S.'s will on the rest of the word.

Peace and Love !

Ed

No comments: