Monday, May 31, 2021

Spring Fling Party With Andy

 Greetings from Sunny Vancouver, where the Spring weather has become the perfect Summer, this week only. Sometimes I joke about June being "June-uary" in the Portland area - it can often be 45f and rainy and cold, garden plants and vegetables stunted and camping trips ruined by miserable weather. I wish I had planned a trip for this weekend - the weather is perfect, sunny and in the 80s. I know the water is cold at the Washougal river but it's tempting to go for a quick dip; not recommended however since a few people die every year in our area from hypothermia. 

I had the most pleasant dream last night. Tina and I were at a party that Andy Warhol was hosting. The party featured an array of characters including Atlas-style muscle men, vampy women dressed like Morticia Adams, my friend Pat and my friend Rachel from work and Hilary from the local rock scene. Andy had a crate of records that were categorized by genre, including "Glam Rock", which was a single picture disc of Lou Reed with sunglasses. I remember shuffling the genres and that Andy was pleased with my re-categorization of the discs. Mr. Warhol made us a drink with cranberry vodka and a few Kalamata olives - I could taste it in my dream and it was delicious. I had to pee badly in the dream - never a good sign - and I had to use the urinal in the middle of the room in front of friends. My pee lasted forever it seemed like. Later, Rachel walked Tina and I home to our modern house. There was a koi pond moat around our house. Rachel stepped off the tiny bridge that was our "porch" and her feet got wet. She was unhappy. 

End of dream. 

1 comment:

elliott said...

Out here, it's usually cooler in may. June is when it kinda starts to heat up. And yes, but you know as soon as you planned that trip it'd drop to 45 degrees. That's how it works haha.